I like to conduct my teaching with a sense of empathy and understanding for my students, using my own personal gifts and talents to their utmost. I want to give my students all that I have to offer, and let them use me as a resource and a role model in a relaxed learning atmosphere. I have extensive experience working on the concepts of ecosystem sustainability and have incorporated them in my Environmental Science course.
Ph.D. Ecology, School of Ecology, The University of Georgia), sponsored by Brazilian Council for Research Science and
Technology by UFRPE). Dissertation: Phosphorus Solubilization by Pigeonpea Cajanus cajan in a Georgia Ultisol
MS Ecology at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul Brazil .
BS Biology Education / UFPE/ Brazil
Awards, Recognitions and Fellowships:
Action Network Scholastic Award a community service and experiential learning
award http://www.philau.edu/today/headlines/?p=787.for The
School of Science and Health, May
2. PHI, BETA, DELTA Honor Society for International Scholars Spring Induction Ceremony at University of Georgia. This Society aims to recognize and encourage achievements in the field of International Education, University of Georgia, and March, 2001.
3. One of 43 selected from a pool of 803 women to receive The American Association of University Women (AAUW) 1992-1993.
4. The Eugene and William Odum Foundation Research Award, Institute of Ecology, 1991.
5. Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, selected by Agronomy students, class of 98/UFRPE.
6. Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, selected by Biology students, class of 1998/UFRPE.
Award for Excellence in Teaching, selected by Biology students, class of 1986/UFRPE.
Received 1988-1993 from
Brazilian Council for Science, Research, and Technology (CNPq).
9. Received from 1995 to 1998 & from 2003 to 2004 scholarship from CAPES a Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Postgraduate Education, to be Biology Mentor
Biology Honors Program
Coordinator (12 students per year) at UFRPE University